According to the Department of Homeland Security, you may be eligible for deferred action if you:
- Came to the United States before your 16th birthday
- Were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012 and at the time of submitting your application
- Are currently in school, have graduated from high school, obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
- Have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, 3 or more separate misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee that you will be granted deferred action status. Unless you are currently in removal (deportation) proceedings, you must be at least 15 years old to apply.